The Chamdor Automotive Hub Project is a result of a partnership between Gauteng Provincial Government and Mogale City Local Municipality. The programme is focused on developing an Automotive Enterprise Hub at the Chamdor Training Centre in Mogale City, Kagiso.
Chamdor has always had a strong, albeit informal, automotive presence and is largely a previously disadvantaged community with numerous informal automotive artisans who have received little or no skills development and training. It is for this reason that the hub aims to:
- Create sustainable township entrepreneurs in the automotive sector
- Train and upskill automotive entrepreneurs/artisans
- Create jobs for the local community
- Renew and redevelop the Chamdor Training Centre/Industrial site
- Contribute to local economic development in the city