To: All Media
Attention: News Editors and Journalists
Issued: Thursday, 26 March 2020
For Immediate Release
Mogale City continues to render services during lockdown
Following President Cyril Ramaphosa’s announcement to implement a 21-day lockdown that will come into effect at midnight 26 March 2020 until midnight Thursday 16 April 2020, Mogale City through consultation with internal and external stakeholders has put in place measures to ensure that service delivery continues to be rendered during the lockdown period. The nation-wide lockdown was announced as an intervention to contain the risk of further spreading Covid-19.
During this period, protocols and restrictive measures that require all South Africans to stay at home except for those providing essential work or for other complying purposes will be introduced and all non-essential activities be suspended.
A Shutdown Business Continuity Plan has been put in place and critical services that will continue during this period include electricity, water, sanitation, refuse removal, public safety and the call centre. These services will be rendered continuously uninterrupted.
Essential services contact details from 27 March – 16 April 2020:
Monday to Friday between 07h30am and 16h00pm
Call centre: 0861 664 253
Call 1: 083 469 4596
Call 2: 083 469 4526
Call 3: 083 469 4550
Monday to Sunday between 16h00pm – 22h00pm
By SMS or WhatsApp: 060 568 1813 / 078 645 6055
- Water and Sanitation
Call centre: 0861 664 253
Payment of municipal services, prepaid electricity and water purchases can be done at the following outlets:
- Pick n Pay
- President Hyper
- EFT payments from all banks
- Deposits at can only be done at Standard Bank
When making an EFT transfer through any bank, please ensure that you select the option to pay “A Public Recipient” or search the bank’s list of public recipients then select “Mogale Municipality – Sundry Revenue” or “Mogale City Local Municipality”. Remember to use your 15 digit account number as reference when making an electronic payment through any bank to allow us to identify and allocate your payment. If your account number has less than 15 digits, add zeros in front of your account number to make it 15 digits – for example 000000000123456. Scrutinise your account number and ensure that you are billed correctly and that your payments are allocated. If your payment has not been allocated, email your proof of payment to email@example.com
Prepaid water purchases can be done at the following outlets:
Total Service Station Robert Broom
Corner Robert Broom and Lud Hersch Drive
Robert Broom SuperSpar
Corner Robert Broom and Van Oordt Streets
Engen Fms Service Station
Corner Kagiso Avenue and Sebenzisa Drive
Alternatively, visit www.easypay.co.za to purchase water, electricity and pay your municipal account or download the EasyPay app on your mobile phone.
Cemetery and funeral guidelines
- Public visits to all Mogale City cemeteries is prohibited until further notice
- 1 funeral service per cemetery, therefore burial services will be allocated different slots
- Maximum of 50 people allowed per funeral service
- Funeral procession and service must be finalised within an hour
- Public Safety officials will be stationed at Mogale City cemeteries
- No night vigils or overnight church services will be held
- No funeral service should be held in a hall or tent
- Catering must only be takeaways, no sit-in will be allowed
- No after tears or any other gathering before or after the funeral will be allowed
- Grave site payments can be made via EFT from any bank account to our Municipal Bank account (MOGALE CITY LOCAL MUNICIPALITY-SUNDRY REVENUE) or by direct deposit at Standard Bank (MOGALE CITY LOCAL MUNICIPALITY, 096N)
The municipality appreciates your continued cooperation during this challenging time.
BE SAFE, STAY HOME, PROTECT YOURSELF AND OTHERS FROM COVID-19.
Mogale City local Municipality
Call Centre: 0861 664 253