Following months of closure due to restrictions as a result of Covid-19 Lockdown Regulations, Mogale City will reopen all recreational parks to the public on 19 March 2021.
Park users will be managed in line with applicable lockdown regulations at all time.
To minimise possible infections when visiting any of our recreational parks and for the safety of other park users and Mogale City staff, access to all regional parks will be controlled by security officials to ensure that the number of people inside every park is in line with Level 1 regulations whilst also monitoring compliance with safety protocols.
The following mandatory safety protocols have been put in place:
- No park user will be allowed access into any of our parks without a face mask
- Hands must be sanitised prior to entering park facility
- Social distancing must be adhered to at all times
- Outdoor Gatherings may not exceed 50% venue capacity up to a maximum of 250 people
- Use of outdoor gym and playground equipment is prohibited
- Take all disposables home, including empty bottles and paper cups or throw away in allocated refuse bins
- Abide by the existing public open spaces bylaws
Operating hours will be from 7h00 – 16h00 daily.
Coronation Park protocols
An entrance fee will be charged as follows:
- Adults – R21.00 per person
- Scholars – R16.00 per person
- Children (below 5yrs) enter for free
- Purchase a ticket that has to be presented at the gate from your nearest municipal pay point
- Ensure that you provide cashiers with correct information in order for the correct fee to be charged i.e. scholar, child or adult
Remember, the onus to prevent the spread of Covid-19 remains in the hands of every individual.
Mogale City Local Municipality
Parks Management Division
Call Centre: 0861 664 253