The City of human Origin
Temporary street closure
Application for temporary street closure is only applicable for funerals, weddings or tombstone unveilings.
How to apply
- Visit Public Safety offices at the corner of Church and Fountain Streets in Krugersdorp CBD to complete an application form
- Alternatively, you can download the MCP 507
- Downloaded application forms must be completed, signed and hand-delivered to Public Safety offices
- A tariff fee prescribed by the 2018/19 municipality will only be paid after permission has been granted
For sports and recreation-related events such as cycling races, an application for temporary street closure permission must be made 21 days prior to the event date. Application for temporary street closure for occasions such as weddings, funerals, tombstone unveiling must be made 7 days prior date of the event.
How to apply
- Fill in an application form obtainable from Public Safety offices at the corner of Church and Fountain Streets in Krugersdorp CBD
- Alternatively, you can download the MCP 18
- Downloaded application forms must be completed, signed and hand delivered to Public Safety offices
- There are no cost implication but the escort is subject to availability of traffic officers/vehicles
Dispute a traffic fine
If you did not pay a traffic fine because you intend to dispute it, you must appear in court on the day specified in your summons to make your argument to avoid a warrant of arrest. You can also put in a representation requesting a reduction if you cannot afford the traffic fine amount. The representation must be before the payment date as indicated on the traffic fine
Pay a traffic fine that is past the due date
If you have missed the payment date or have been issued with a notice, you can pay your traffic fine but an additional amount of R300.00 must be paid for contempt of court. Payments can be made at the traffic department where the fine was issued or you can pay into the bank account provided on the traffic fine.
Pay a traffic fine in the summons stage
If you have been issued with a summons for not paying your fine but want to pay it before your court date, you can do so at the traffic department as specified on your summons.
Outstanding traffic fine
To enquire about any outstanding traffic fines in your name, please call the Traffic Enquiries Section on weekdays from 07h45am to 15h00pm on 011 951 2225, 011 951 2280 or 0119512297. You can also request a printout of your traffic fines by visiting Public Safety offices (Corner Church and Fountain Streets, Mogale City) in person or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRAFFIC FINES CAN BE PAID AT:
Account Name: Mogale City Local Municipality
Account Number: 021307172
Branch code: 015841
Please use the traffic fine notice number as reference and email your proof of payment to email@example.com.
Illegal land occupation
The illegal occupation of government-owned land must be reported to your ward councillor who will then forward the report to the Member of the Mayoral Committee (MMC) responsible for Community Safety. In the case where your ward councillor is not available, the complaint can be reported directly at Public Safety offices.
DISABLED PARKING DISC
- Must be a Mogale City resident
- Copy of ID book or card
- A letter or medical certificate from a registered health professional stating the applicant’s physical condition/disability.
The disabled parking disc is valid for one year throughout the country.
Tel: 011 951 2216 or 011 951 2283
Operating hours: Monday to Friday, 7:45 AM to 3:00 PM
Find us: Corner Church and Fountain Streets